Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mail in rebate
John Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Mail in rebate
I just bought some ram from Canada Computers with a mail in rebate provision I thought OK I've done the mail in rebate thing before, they give you a form to fill out you mail it away with the UPC sticker no problem right, WRONG!, Canada Computers has the most fraudulent mail in rebate scam I've ever seen and if it's not illegal it should be. First you have to download the form using a tiny link you can barely see, print it , fill it out, and make photo copies of everything, well what if you don't have a printer!!! It didn't say you have to have a printer in order to receive the mail in rebate. I'm bringing the ram back tomorrow and if they don't give me my money back I'm filing a complaint with the better business bureau which I've had to do before with a used car I bought. Pretty sad Canada Computers, all this hassle for 10 bucks my advice is NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CANADA COMPUTERS THAT PROMISES A MAIL IN REBATE! you probably wont get it.
03-31-2011 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystryman Offline
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTRY

Given 267 thanks in 236 posts

RE: Mail in rebate
You have always had to print out the form and make a copy of the receipt with CC

ALL HAIL DISTWROUGHT!
BASED DISTWROUGHT
PRAISE, DISTWROUGHT SUPREME LEADER

#DISTWROUGHTLYFE
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2011 10:13 PM by Mystryman.)
03-31-2011 10:13 PM
Lebungz Offline
Posts Leader

Given 413 thanks in 344 posts

awful angry sounding - for a $10 MIR. jeesh.

C70 MODS
932-X MODS
TAKE MY MONEY RIMMERS!
03-31-2011 10:34 PM
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 603 thanks in 465 posts

Use a work printer? A library printer? Hell go to your local Canada Computers, they will probably print it for you if you ask nicely.

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
03-31-2011 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oatmeal Offline

Given 6 thanks in 6 posts

That's all fairly standard for mail in rebates. Make sure to read the fine print, dot your 'i's and cross your 't's.

At the time of purchase you can ask Canada Computers to print out an extra copy of the receipt and a copy of the rebate form. That makes the paperwork a little easier... if you remember to ask for it.

You're going to love the wait for the cheque.

Intel Core i5-2500K
Asus P8P67 Pro B3
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 DDR3
Corsair HX 750W
iCAN A2012B Case
Zalman CNPS-10X Performa CPU cooler
Zotac GTX770 Amped!
60GB Intel 520 SSD
60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
2 x 1TB Seagate 7200.12 (still alive)
24" Acer H243H LCD
Win 7 Home Premium
03-31-2011 10:50 PM
Grnfinger Offline
Posting Freak

Given 34 thanks in 32 posts

(03-31-2011 10:10 PM)John Wrote:  I just bought some ram from Canada Computers with a mail in rebate provision I thought OK I've done the mail in rebate thing before, they give you a form to fill out you mail it away with the UPC sticker no problem right, WRONG!, Canada Computers has the most fraudulent mail in rebate scam I've ever seen and if it's not illegal it should be. First you have to download the form using a tiny link you can barely see, print it , fill it out, and make photo copies of everything, well what if you don't have a printer!!! It didn't say you have to have a printer in order to receive the mail in rebate. I'm bringing the ram back tomorrow and if they don't give me my money back I'm filing a complaint with the better business bureau which I've had to do before with a used car I bought. Pretty sad Canada Computers, all this hassle for 10 bucks my advice is NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CANADA COMPUTERS THAT PROMISES A MAIL IN REBATE! you probably wont get it.

Hey I'll give you the 10 bucks , relax.

I'm not trying to argue your vast MIR experience BUT the you print it yourself printed form has been the standard now for sometime, the rebate form at the checkout is no longer and it's just not CC it's everyone. So you better include them in your complaint to the better business bureau., you wouldn't want the scammers getting away with it.
Now I see how CC makes there money, they keep all the damn rebate cheques. very crafty.

[Image: under_construction2.jpg]
04-03-2011 08:48 AM
Peter M Dodge Offline
Posts Dominator

Given 138 thanks in 127 posts

Many other stores offer a "Rebate Center" in store or other place to get MIR firms. Mine for example puts them on pads on the shelf in front of the product.

[Image: currentbuild.png]
04-03-2011 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kbracey Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

I never consider MIR as a discount on the price of a product when deciding what product to buy. It's a big hassle and sometimes you never see your money anyway....too much of a pain to chase down. I'll fill out the forms anyway if I happen to buy something that has a MIR and it'll be a surprise when I get the cheque 6 months from then.
I wish manufacturers would realize that a lot of consumers disreguard MIR when making a decision about purchasing a particular product. If they truly want to intice people to buy then offer an instant rebate/discount...those are the ones I go for.
04-05-2011 09:11 AM