Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Better refund & exchange procedure
Torpedo Offline

Given 2 thanks in 2 posts

Better refund & exchange procedure
I would appreciate if you match the refund and exchange policy of BestBuy or Futureshop. Which means: full refund within the first 30 days.

Currently you give only 1 week and the customer must pay 5% restocking fees.

This is unfair because sometimes (or often) there is no product on show. I recently wanted to buy a pair of 2.1 speakers. All boxes were sealed, and we are not allowed to open the box. As a result, I bought without knowing how the speakers look like. Unfortunately I didn't like it. I must return within 7 days. Took another model, again cannot see the inside of the box. This time I like better but would still like to change it. But I got tired of the 7 days / 5% restocking fees.

Once, I wanted to buy an LCD monitor, I wanted to see how it look like. The sale person had the nerve to tell me: "If I open, you must buy it. And if you don't want it, we''l charge you 5% restocking fees". On a $200 monitor, this cost $10 just to see how the monitor look like?

With all other stores (BB, FS, Walmart) full refund, no question asked. Your sale practice is so restrictive and unfair I wonder if it is legal.
11-18-2010 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bao
Unregistered

Given thanks in posts

RE: Better refund & exchange procedure
(11-18-2010 12:29 AM)Torpedo Wrote:  I would appreciate if you match the refund and exchange policy of BestBuy or Futureshop. Which means: full refund within the first 30 days.

This is unfair because sometimes (or often) there is no product on show. I recently wanted to buy a pair of 2.1 speakers. All boxes were sealed, and we are not allowed to open the box. As a result, I bought without knowing how the speakers look like. Unfortunately I didn't like it. I must return within 7 days. Took another model, again cannot see the inside of the box. This time I like better but would still like to change it. But I got tired of the 7 days / 5% restocking fees.

Once, I wanted to buy an LCD monitor, I wanted to see how it look like. The sale person had the nerve to tell me: "If I open, you must buy it. And if you don't want it, we''l charge you 5% restocking fees". On a $200 monitor, this cost $10 just to see how the monitor look like?

With all other stores (BB, FS, Walmart) full refund, no question asked. Your sale practice is so restrictive and unfair I wonder if it is legal.

I thought at one point CC was considering this, and might still be.

However to match BB and FS, they'd also have to charge a whole lot more.

So what you want are discounted parts, plus big box service and flexibility. Not very easy to get both under one roof Sad

^_ I also dislike the re-stocking fee and such, but you are given fair warning, if you wish to avoid such practices, you can test drive the products at the big box stores. Then come back to CC to buy it, or simply buy from the big box store in the first place. But I am pretty sure the prices are generally favourable at CC.
11-18-2010 02:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
David Offline
Posting Freak

Given 58 thanks in 48 posts

(11-18-2010 02:31 PM)bao Wrote:  
(11-18-2010 12:29 AM)Torpedo Wrote:  I would appreciate if you match the refund and exchange policy of BestBuy or Futureshop. Which means: full refund within the first 30 days.

I thought at one point CC was considering this, and might still be.

However to match BB and FS, they'd also have to charge a whole lot more.

So what you want are discounted parts, plus big box service and flexibility. Not very easy to get both under one roof Sad

^_ I also dislike the re-stocking fee and such, but you are given fair warning, if you wish to avoid such practices, you can test drive the products at the big box stores. Then come back to CC to buy it, or simply buy from the big box store in the first place. But I am pretty sure the prices are generally favourable at CC.

Ultimately the re-stocking fee is to recover our cost of having to sell the product at a discount price. As the product is returned and we have to tell the customer is was purchased once before, we would in very rare situations be able to sell the product as open box at full retail price. That being the case, we would have a store full of open box materials.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo V2
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
11-18-2010 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B0rin Offline

Given 3 thanks in 2 posts

Quote:Ultimately the re-stocking fee is to recover our cost of having to sell the product at a discount price. As the product is returned and we have to tell the customer is was purchased once before, we would in very rare situations be able to sell the product as open box at full retail price. That being the case, we would have a store full of open box materials.

I dont have a problem with the restocking fee if it isnt that much 5% is ok or you could have in store credit

[Image: 63898_554593771239164_1631797658_ns_zps5fc43738.jpg]

Intel Core i7 930 @ 4GHz
ASUS P6X58D-E
Nzxt Switch 810
Corsair vengeance 12GB DDR3 1600
Nvidia GTX680
Corsair AX750
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair Force 3 120GB SSd
11-19-2010 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Torpedo Offline

(11-18-2010 08:06 PM)David Wrote:  Ultimately the re-stocking fee is to recover our cost of having to sell the product at a discount price. As the product is returned and we have to tell the customer is was purchased once before, we would in very rare situations be able to sell the product as open box at full retail price. That being the case, we would have a store full of open box materials.

OK I understand the constraint of keeping the price competitive. I can still accept the 5% restocking fees. However, at least put the product on display! And 7 days for return is too short. For people working with long commute, they barely have the time to buy on the Weekend and if something goes wrong, they must not miss the next weekend for the return.

I don't know how BB or FS manage with their return. However, some products have similar price than with CC (MP3 player, camera, TV).

If you manage well your cost at the benefits of the customers, please show it. For example by a price matching policy. When I buy at PCV, I show your price, they match without discussion, even when the item is on sale.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 03:57 PM by Torpedo.)
11-19-2010 03:50 PM
David Offline
Posting Freak

(11-19-2010 03:50 PM)Torpedo Wrote:  
(11-18-2010 08:06 PM)David Wrote:  Ultimately the re-stocking fee is to recover our cost of having to sell the product at a discount price. As the product is returned and we have to tell the customer is was purchased once before, we would in very rare situations be able to sell the product as open box at full retail price. That being the case, we would have a store full of open box materials.

OK I understand the constraint of keeping the price competitive. I can still accept the 5% restocking fees. However, at least put the product on display! And 7 days for return is too short. For people working with long commute, they barely have the time to buy on the Weekend and if something goes wrong, they must not miss the next weekend for the return.

I don't know how BB or FS manage with their return. However, some products have similar price than with CC (MP3 player, camera, TV).

If you manage well your cost at the benefits of the customers, please show it. For example by a price matching policy. When I buy at PCV, I show your price, they match without discussion, even when the item is on sale.

As the Admin had said, we are working on a price matching program. Just hang tight.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
11-19-2010 09:15 PM
Torpedo Offline

(11-19-2010 09:15 PM)David Wrote:  As the Admin had said, we are working on a price matching program. Just hang tight.

That is nice thanks. However, I still would like to see the products on display on the shelves. Not in a closed box that we are not allowed to open.
11-20-2010 11:08 AM
David Offline
Posting Freak

(11-20-2010 11:08 AM)Torpedo Wrote:  
(11-19-2010 09:15 PM)David Wrote:  As the Admin had said, we are working on a price matching program. Just hang tight.

That is nice thanks. However, I still would like to see the products on display on the shelves. Not in a closed box that we are not allowed to open.

Agreed. I do understand you argument. Unfortunatly most stores don't have the room to demo all the products that we sell that are sealed. I do however understand where you are coming from.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
11-20-2010 10:18 PM
 Thanks given by: Webslug
Defiant Online
Posting Leader

Given 611 thanks in 472 posts

(11-20-2010 10:18 PM)David Wrote:  Agreed. I do understand you argument. Unfortunatly most stores don't have the room to demo all the products that we sell that are sealed. I do however understand where you are coming from.

What is the biggest and smallest CC then? I'm just curious. I've been to the Hamilton, Barrie, Vaughan, and Newmarket locations. I find the Vaughan one to be the biggest out of all of them. Probably the Barrie CC would be the smallest, but Hamilton CC is pretty small too.

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
11-20-2010 10:48 PM
David Offline
Posting Freak

(11-20-2010 10:48 PM)Defiant Wrote:  
(11-20-2010 10:18 PM)David Wrote:  Agreed. I do understand you argument. Unfortunatly most stores don't have the room to demo all the products that we sell that are sealed. I do however understand where you are coming from.

What is the biggest and smallest CC then? I'm just curious. I've been to the Hamilton, Barrie, Vaughan, and Newmarket locations. I find the Vaughan one to be the biggest out of all of them. Probably the Barrie CC would be the smallest, but Hamilton CC is pretty small too.

I have only been to the old college st location, however Kingston location is moving to a much larger location this coming sunday which I know is about twice the size of the current location that they are in now.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
11-21-2010 02:15 PM