Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting Windows issues on Visionary V810
blueiiis Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Interesting Windows issues on Visionary V810
tl;dr I beleive windows is screwed.

Before I format and reinstall windows, is there anything on the CC machine that I should back up or can I just blow it all away with impunity? Issues experienced and troubleshooting performed are described below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the wife a new pre-built system (Visionary V810) from CC 10 days ago. It started exhibiting issues and froze on Sunday where the taskbar was responsive but all the applications were not (no closing, no taskmgr, nothing) while she was looking at the web - she's not a heavy user and had to be reset a-la reset button on the case - I've never had to do this on a brand new system before, they just work.

Afterward, the wife complained that things were freezing (apps like Office 365, Microsoft EDGE etc), even the Intel Optane software would freeze when started (made me wonder if there was a way of diagnosing outside of the software) . I tried to look at the event log and see but the event log service isn't started ever. The same goes for a number of other windows services. The audio driver doesn't start and

Troubleshooting involved system restore (which was turned off by default) so no dice there. SFC found nothing. Chkdsk found nothing. Disabling the optane memory in bios causes blue screen on boot, and then finally gradually building up to the conclusion that windows is toast and opting to just reinstall.

"No probs" says I, there should be a way of resetting windows back to a "default" config (not sure if it's a windows default or CC). If you try and do the reset in windows, the process just hangs and you get an infinite spinner (Process should take a few mins according to the message, I left it for hours). If you try and do that from the recovery process, you get a simple error of (paraphrased) "sorry the process couldn't finish" with no troubleshooting parameters to look up with a restart option.
07-11-2018 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigmaraa Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

RE: Interesting Windows issues on Visionary V810
Hello friend,

why dont you just take your machine down to the nearest CC? If its within 14 days and its defective they can exchange for a different machine. And if its out of 14 days, its still covered under the warranty, they'll help you figure the whole thing out.

Best of luck!
07-11-2018 01:01 PM
 Thanks given by: blueiiis
blueiiis Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

RE: Interesting Windows issues on Visionary V810
(07-11-2018 01:01 PM)bigmaraa Wrote:  Hello friend,

why dont you just take your machine down to the nearest CC? If its within 14 days and its defective they can exchange for a different machine. And if its out of 14 days, its still covered under the warranty, they'll help you figure the whole thing out.

Best of luck!

I think I'm going to do that. I've been trying different ways of trying to reinstall windows that culminates in an error message and the installation terminates. Was hoping to be able to provide the wife with a nice new machine and instead, it's been an unwelcome headache.
07-11-2018 09:27 PM