Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No more stores in Quebec??
RP22Mtl Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

No more stores in Quebec??
Does anyone know why Computer Canada has renamed their company Ordinateurs Canada for Quebec and created a new website at www.ordinateurscanada.com ?

As a result the usual Canada Computer site now claims they have no stores in Quebec and there's no link whatsoever to the new identity nor any mention of it anywhere. When I first noticed it I assumed CC had closed all their Quebec stores. Only when I called a local store did I learn otherwise.

Searching nearby stores on the Ordinateurs Canada website claims there are no stores outside of Quebec. This had me wondering if the 2 companies were legally connected. When I recently purchased a Gigabyte graphics card from the Montreal store I was worried that the rebate coupon was invalid as only Computer Canada is listed on the rebate form (the rebate was accepted by Gigabyte).

It seems both are the same company. But if you land on the Canada Computer site via a Google search and try to make a purchase to be collected at a nearby store in Quebec there are no stores available, and there is no indication that I should be shopping at the Ordinateurs Canada website instead.

This is a real mess (IMHO) and is certainly costing CC online orders if visitors are not aware of the Quebec website.
06-16-2018 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewAA Offline

RE: No more stores in Quebec??
(06-16-2018 10:41 AM)RP22Mtl Wrote:  Does anyone know why Computer Canada has renamed their company Ordinateurs Canada for Quebec and created a new website at www.ordinateurscanada.com ?

As a result the usual Canada Computer site now claims they have no stores in Quebec and there's no link whatsoever to the new identity nor any mention of it anywhere. When I first noticed it I assumed CC had closed all their Quebec stores. Only when I called a local store did I learn otherwise.

Searching nearby stores on the Ordinateurs Canada website claims there are no stores outside of Quebec. This had me wondering if the 2 companies were legally connected. When I recently purchased a Gigabyte graphics card from the Montreal store I was worried that the rebate coupon was invalid as only Computer Canada is listed on the rebate form (the rebate was accepted by Gigabyte).

It seems both are the same company. But if you land on the Canada Computer site via a Google search and try to make a purchase to be collected at a nearby store in Quebec there are no stores available, and there is no indication that I should be shopping at the Ordinateurs Canada website instead.

This is a real mess (IMHO) and is certainly costing CC online orders if visitors are not aware of the Quebec website.

The very first thing you see at the top of CC website, beside the logo, is the link to the french site. It's the law in Quebec to have all business names displayed in French. Angel
06-18-2018 01:45 PM
RP22Mtl Offline

RE: No more stores in Quebec??
(06-18-2018 01:45 PM)AndrewAA Wrote:  The very first thing you see at the top of CC website, beside the logo, is the link to the french site. It's the law in Quebec to have all business names displayed in French. Angel

The http://www.canadacomputes.com website has an English and French section. But both language versions of the site are the same in that they claim there are no locations in Quebec.

Only if you go to the http://www.ordinateurscanada.com site, which ALSO has both English and French versions, will you see the Quebec locations. But that version claims that there are no stores outside of Quebec.

Yes, having a French version is necessary to do business in Quebec. But why create two separate (but identical) websites that have no reference to each other unless you dig deep into the 'About us'.

It just seems like the one company has nothing to do with the other- when obviously they're the same ....
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2018 11:22 PM by RP22Mtl.)
06-18-2018 07:48 PM