Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
karyuudo Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
Hello,
On January 7th, 2018, I placed an order for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING to be picked up in the Milton store. Online stock at that time said there were 7 available and the transaction was processed.

Today (Jan 13th), I receive an email saying the product is no longer available. Can I please have an explanation here? If a product was clearly available from your online store, and now isn't, what happened here exactly? Also, I received a notification that my order had been cancelled after I was told it wasn't in stock. Why did this happen? When I ordered this, I wanted to take advantage of the sale price that the card was on. Will that price still be honoured?

Any attempt to get a straight response from the Milton location via email has been met with, "There is currently a global shortage on all video cards at this time. I would recommend visiting us instore to find video cards that are available and in stock."

By the sounds of this, it appears to be a "bait and switch" thing going on. Please respond as I would like to get this straightened out before taking the next steps.
01-13-2018 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: jyt199
jyt199 Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

RE: Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
(01-13-2018 10:27 PM)karyuudo Wrote:  Hello,
On January 7th, 2018, I placed an order for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING to be picked up in the Milton store. Online stock at that time said there were 7 available and the transaction was processed.

Today (Jan 13th), I receive an email saying the product is no longer available. Can I please have an explanation here? If a product was clearly available from your online store, and now isn't, what happened here exactly? Also, I received a notification that my order had been cancelled after I was told it wasn't in stock. Why did this happen? When I ordered this, I wanted to take advantage of the sale price that the card was on. Will that price still be honoured?

Any attempt to get a straight response from the Milton location via email has been met with, "There is currently a global shortage on all video cards at this time. I would recommend visiting us instore to find video cards that are available and in stock."

By the sounds of this, it appears to be a "bait and switch" thing going on. Please respond as I would like to get this straightened out before taking the next steps.

Similar story. Saw online stock. Wanted to get a GPU from the store (was ready to buy) and they tell me they cant....no explanation either. They need a new store manager and new sales rep.
01-24-2018 01:31 AM
armenkurnoik Offline

RE: Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
Agreed, that often happened
05-09-2018 07:46 AM
bigmaraa Offline

(01-13-2018 10:27 PM)karyuudo Wrote:  Hello,

This is most likely because of the shortage of GPUs caused my bitcoin miners around that time. The sudden rise in demand of the cards... Most of the stores sold out of cards so quick that the online stock was unable to keep up, it should be better now though!Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018 02:04 PM by bigmaraa.)
05-17-2018 02:04 PM