Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
karyuudo Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
Hello,
On January 7th, 2018, I placed an order for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING to be picked up in the Milton store. Online stock at that time said there were 7 available and the transaction was processed.

Today (Jan 13th), I receive an email saying the product is no longer available. Can I please have an explanation here? If a product was clearly available from your online store, and now isn't, what happened here exactly? Also, I received a notification that my order had been cancelled after I was told it wasn't in stock. Why did this happen? When I ordered this, I wanted to take advantage of the sale price that the card was on. Will that price still be honoured?

Any attempt to get a straight response from the Milton location via email has been met with, "There is currently a global shortage on all video cards at this time. I would recommend visiting us instore to find video cards that are available and in stock."

By the sounds of this, it appears to be a "bait and switch" thing going on. Please respond as I would like to get this straightened out before taking the next steps.
01-13-2018 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: jyt199
jyt199 Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

RE: Ordered Online with stock available - Now being told the product was out of stock
(01-13-2018 10:27 PM)karyuudo Wrote:  Hello,
On January 7th, 2018, I placed an order for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING to be picked up in the Milton store. Online stock at that time said there were 7 available and the transaction was processed.

Today (Jan 13th), I receive an email saying the product is no longer available. Can I please have an explanation here? If a product was clearly available from your online store, and now isn't, what happened here exactly? Also, I received a notification that my order had been cancelled after I was told it wasn't in stock. Why did this happen? When I ordered this, I wanted to take advantage of the sale price that the card was on. Will that price still be honoured?

Any attempt to get a straight response from the Milton location via email has been met with, "There is currently a global shortage on all video cards at this time. I would recommend visiting us instore to find video cards that are available and in stock."

By the sounds of this, it appears to be a "bait and switch" thing going on. Please respond as I would like to get this straightened out before taking the next steps.

Similar story. Saw online stock. Wanted to get a GPU from the store (was ready to buy) and they tell me they cant....no explanation either. They need a new store manager and new sales rep.
01-24-2018 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply