Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canada Computers item stock inconsistency...
CanuckFTW Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Sad Canada Computers item stock inconsistency...
Hi all, a frustrated customer here!

I've been planning to buy myself a gaming laptop for quite some time. In that time frame I did my research and decided to buy it from Canada Computers since BestBuy is pretty much dead and N3w3gg has so many bad reviews and they don't have a physical store in Toronto or anywhere else as far as I know.

Also, the main reason why I chose Canada Computers is they have 5 stores in the city (Toronto) which I can drive to and buy what I want. And, I would like to mention that I never/will shop online as long as I am capable of doing it physically. That being said I found these three laptops on Canada Computers website;

My first choice: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=103241

Second: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=103200

Third: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=103240

Sadly, none of the stores have any of these for some reason. They even put them on sale but when I check stock level it shows none. Moreover, I've been checking the stock level every day for two months so far.

These items are always either Online Sold Out/ In-Store Sold Out or the website says Order Online and Pick Up In-Store/Available In Stores but when I check the stock level there is none. Not to mention when I drive to the closest Canada Computers store which is located in Scarborough staff tend to sell different item than what I want.

So, how am I supposed to get my hands on any of these items? Why do they put these items on sale when there is none to buy? I would buy one of them in a heartbeat especially my first choice but so far luck isn't on my side Confused
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017 07:49 PM by CanuckFTW.)
10-31-2017 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Distwrought Offline
CC Moderators

Given 72 thanks in 57 posts

RE: Canada Computers item stock inconsistency...
There actually are some in stock! Unfortunately the only ones available are all open box units, if you see any location with an Asterisk (*) beside it, then that store has some open box units

These are my own personal opinions and do not reflect those of the company or my fellow employees
11-01-2017 02:12 AM
CanuckFTW Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

(11-01-2017 02:12 AM)Distwrought Wrote:  There actually are some in stock! Unfortunately the only ones available are all open box units, if you see any location with an Asterisk (*) beside it, then that store has some open box units

Thanks for the info but unfortunately I am not interested in open box items.

Is there any way to get a new one? I mean can't you guys order one or two and send it to a specific store? Why is the stock levels are so low for these items?
11-01-2017 01:29 PM
Distwrought Offline
CC Moderators

Given 72 thanks in 57 posts

I imagine that there is a new model coming out with the new 8th gen processors, so the prices were dropped on these models.

The best bet would be to stop by your local store and see if they can request a new model from a product manager, I couldn't say for certain it's possible though unfortunately

These are my own personal opinions and do not reflect those of the company or my fellow employees
11-01-2017 03:24 PM