Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buisness internet provider Toronto
Thomas C. Kaufman Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Buisness internet provider Toronto
Hi,
I have been working in a day trading company for five years. I have decided to start an internet trading firm with some of my friends. We rented an office space in Toronto and the interiors are almost finished. We are in the final stages of licenses and approvals. The final thing we need is a reliable internet connection. The Internet is the most important necessity of ours business. So we are looking for reliable business internet service providers in Canada. Anyone from Toronto please suggest such a service.
There will be five people working in the office. Do anybody how it is going cost for such a plan?. When suggesting please do consider that any outage of the internet will cost us a huge amount of money. We prefer reliability even if it costs a little more. Any help will be appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 02:47 AM by Thomas C. Kaufman.)
07-18-2017 02:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 605 thanks in 467 posts

RE: Buisness internet provider Toronto
Wait, you signed the lease for an office without knowing what digital utilities were available at the location??

You need to see who is available at the location and determine your monthly budget. If uptime is a concern you need to review the business SLA from the ISP. Rogers and Bell have business options, but perhaps you want to look into Cogent if they are available or any of the other business only fiber providers. Be aware you may need fiber (SFP) capable hardware on your end for where they demarcate.

In fact if uptime is this important you need to look into a load balancing router and run 2 concurrent connections in fail over. One fast primary, and one slower (cheaper) secondary as the intention is to get back up and running on the faster one ASAP.

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
07-18-2017 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Thomas C. Kaufman , Mahloot
Thomas C. Kaufman Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

(07-18-2017 09:55 AM)Defiant Wrote:  Wait, you signed the lease for an office without knowing what digital utilities were available at the location??

You need to see who is available at the location and determine your monthly budget. If uptime is a concern you need to review the business SLA from the ISP. Rogers and Bell have business options, but perhaps you want to look into Cogent if they are available or any of the other business only fiber providers. Be aware you may need fiber (SFP) capable hardware on your end for where they demarcate.

In fact if uptime is this important you need to look into a load balancing router and run 2 concurrent connections in fail over. One fast primary, and one slower (cheaper) secondary as the intention is to get back up and running on the faster one ASAP.
Thanks for the reply. I did sign a lease without thinking about stuff. And it is really hard for me to understand this technical stuff. Can I hire someone to help me with this?.
07-19-2017 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 605 thanks in 467 posts

If you want to go that route you can look into a managed service provider (MSP) that fits your needs. They will come onsite and have a look and let you know pricing for the setup and per incident/request after that.

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
07-19-2017 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mahloot