Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building new pc
Bwhiff94 Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Lightbulb Building new pc
I am looking into building a PC that will run FL Studio as well as Audacity smoothly. I don't really need an amazing graphics card as I wont really be using it for gaming, but I will have 2 monitors hooked up. I'm trying to keep this in a somewhat decent budget as my old PC just went on me and buying this was unexpected. Any suggestions on builds? This will be my first build so i'm not very familiar with everything as of yet. I'm basically just trying to find someone to help steer me in the right direction to build (or buy) a PC suitable for music production for a decent price.

Thank you to anyone that can help!

p.s. PLEASE NO MAC! lol
05-29-2017 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David Offline
Posting Freak

Given 58 thanks in 48 posts

RE: Building new pc
Whats the budget?

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo V2
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
05-29-2017 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 604 thanks in 466 posts

RE: Building new pc
The best value right now for a basic non gaming PC are the new Pentiums (Like the G4560) until AMD's Ryzen 3 is launched. Pair that with the cheapest 1151 board you can find which supports Kaby Lake out of the box (or already has a BIOS update). Try to match the onboard video outputs with what your monitors use.

Get 8GB of DDR4 as well.

Power supply (bronze rated) and case can be cheap, if you get a Micro ATX motherboard and a mid tower regular ATX case is cheap that is fine, it will fit with extra room.

To save even more money beyond all this consider picking up a used workstation such as a Dell or HP, the hardware will be a few generations old but it will still work perfectly for what you want.

The only thing I'm unsure about in your post is that this is for music production, will this PC be living in the area you produce music? If so silence will be a big goal and can change the parts (case with sound dampening, slow spinning fans, power supply which turns off fan at low load, etc).

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
05-29-2017 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply