Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WORST SERVICE YONGE AND EG
Mac Killoran Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Thumbs Down WORST SERVICE YONGE AND EG
WORST SERVICE AND ATTITUDE YONGE AND EGLINTON. I purchased a two Samsung 32 inch monitors from the company once set up there was damage to the one called the store to see if they had another one to purchase they did not and suggested I buy one online which I did. When I took the damaged one in when the 3rd monitor showed up in the box the third monitor came in they accused me of damaging the monitor and said it could not be warranted. They took it and followed up with head office who is refusing to do anything because it was not in the original box, but was in the third monitors box as the original box had been recycled. They further indicated they would follow up which they did not on two occasions gave me some excuse that the the phone did not ring which is inaccurate as all my customers can reach me on the line, when I did speak to them they were completely unhelpful and again refused to do anything suggesting I damaged the monitor. If you buy anything from them I suggest you set it up in their store and test it prior to taking it home otherwise they will not warranty the product they sell.

Both people I spoke with in the store Peter and Hos (assistant Manager) were rude an arrogant. Tried to explain to me how retail works.
05-25-2017 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 592 thanks in 456 posts

RE: WORST SERVICE YONGE AND EG
Wait, if the monitor was damaged, why did you throw out the box?

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
05-26-2017 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: heyyahblah
B-Ran Offline

Given 32 thanks in 26 posts

Be curious to know what was "damaged"?

B-Ran's Build
Intel i5-2500
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB / Corsair XMS3 8GB
Antec EA-750 EarthWatts
PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 6850
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 1GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus DVD-Writer
05-26-2017 12:22 PM
 Thanks given by: heyyahblah
Tyrann Offline

Given 6 thanks in 6 posts

(05-25-2017 07:22 PM)Mac Killoran Wrote:  If you buy anything from them I suggest you set it up in their store and test it prior to taking it home otherwise they will not warranty the product they sell.

(They) tried to explain to me how retail works.

I would like to respond to this part directly as I believe there is a retail aspect you may in fact be unclear on:
The warranties are with the manufacturer alone. Retailers are simply the conduits to get product (and information) from the manufacturer to the customer. Once a product leaves our store, the customer has taken possession and responsibility of the product.

That said, yes, customers are welcomed (within reason) to open up and test a product before leaving the store after purchase, and many frequently do.

While I cannot respond to this situation specifically as I was not present, I can see why this may not have gone as you would have hoped, and only hope to offer insider insight to you.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.
05-28-2017 06:04 PM
GigaBytch Offline

Given 3 thanks in 2 posts

I bought a Sony Bravia 48" tv at that store. The staff said that both of us had to inspect the tv for damage prior to leaving the store.
This was 3 years ago. I was very happy this was done. I would suggest everyone at least open the box for a visual inspection. It might save some headaches.

Z170X Gaming 5
i7 6700k/H110 cooler
16 gig DDR4 2800
Sapphire R 390X Tri-X
Corsair AX 760i PSU
Logitech Z-5500
Sony Bravia 48'' monitor
Win 10 Home x64
Corsair 780Tcase.
06-07-2017 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 111 thanks in 96 posts

(06-07-2017 12:22 PM)GigaBytch Wrote:  I bought a Sony Bravia 48" tv at that store. The staff said that both of us had to inspect the tv for damage prior to leaving the store.
This was 3 years ago. I was very happy this was done. I would suggest everyone at least open the box for a visual inspection. It might save some headaches.

It is standard procedure at Canada Computers to check TVs for damage prior to purchase with the customer, because of their larger sizes they often only have foam protection on the edges only.

It is not standard to check for PC monitors because their smaller sizes usually mean that they are completely encased in foam protection so physical damage should almost never happen.

Of course we'd be glad to inspect a PC monitor with any customer prior to purchase upon request, but just be aware that it is only standard procedure for TV's, so we would not normally do it for monitors.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 03:54 PM by Mahloot.)
06-12-2017 03:53 PM
 Thanks given by: Bungwirez