Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dell Recovery & Restore USB Drive
frustrated Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Dell Recovery & Restore USB Drive
Dell Inspiron 15
Hi, not sure where this question belongs. My computer had shut down after installing the latest Windows 10 update, once i had started it and entered my log-in details i now have a black screen with my desk top icons, none of the icons including the windows and search button are responsive. When they are clicked it thinks about it then does nothing. The task manager works and i can see that the CPU and hard drive are going mad, from the task manager i can log out and shut down. Dell have a solution which can be down loaded onto another computer and transferred to the problem computer via a USB stick. The problem i have is that the downloaded file (zip) will not open, it shows content of 570MB but the wizard tells me that the file is empty. I have tried on three different computers with no luck. Firstly, has anybody experienced this problem of unresponsive icons after an update, secondly, how can i solve the problem with the zip drive. I have emailed Dell but as of yet no reply. Any help would be appreciated as it is becoming frustrating.
02-03-2017 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply