Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Closed on Wednesday after 4pm.. WTF?
doood Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Closed on Wednesday after 4pm.. WTF?
I go to 2 stores and all of them are closed? WTF??

what kind of lazy goofs close all their stores without warning due to "company event" bullshit? FU Canada Computers!AngryAngryAngry
01-11-2017 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heyyahblah Offline
Posting Freak

Given 327 thanks in 252 posts

RE: Closed on Wednesday after 4pm.. WTF?
What do you mean without warning? There has been a banner up on their website for 2 weeks stating that today they are closed for their Annual Christmas party. They kept all the stores open during the holiday season so everyone could get their shopping done. Now, since its over for everyone they are having their Christmas Party, when many companies had them a month ago.

Lazy goofs? Wow. Cut the place some slack, cuck.

[Image: 2ed154g.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 09:40 PM by heyyahblah.)
01-11-2017 09:38 PM
B-Ran Offline

Given 32 thanks in 26 posts

Dear Closed Locations of CC,

Please go through your video feed, some time after 4pm today, and see which person showed up at two stores today, most likely a doood. Once identified, please post a video capture.

Sincerely,

B-Ran

B-Ran's Build
Intel i5-2500
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB / Corsair XMS3 8GB
Antec EA-750 EarthWatts
PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 6850
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 1GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus DVD-Writer
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 11:05 PM by B-Ran.)
01-11-2017 11:04 PM
 Thanks given by: Defiant
doood Offline

Who the effing hell does a Christmas party in the middle of January on a Wednesday? Too cheap to do it on a weekend? Pretty depressing and lame.. why even bother? But when CC has a monopoly on the computer biz then I guess they can do whatever the hell they want..huh? So what? I'm supposed to check up on every store website before I go there in case that they might be closed in the middle of the week? I went back and had to search hard for the tiny little headline saying they would be closed. Not noticeable at all.

I don't know why you ass clowns are defending them. You probably work there and have no business sense. If you or any of the customers (and there was a lot of them) where there to see a freakin note on the door then you'd be pissed too!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 11:28 AM by doood.)
01-12-2017 10:53 AM
boot Offline

Hi doood,

Being formerly at CC, it is an annual company event that they hold to appreciate the CC staff, usually at this time of the year. Yes, perhaps they did not make enough of an effort or make it noticeable enough to inform everyone of its early closure yesterday, and because of that, you have every right within reason to be frustrated with them. I'll admit I also had to look hard for the little headline indicating the irregular hours yesterday, but I'm sure they would appreciate some constructive feedback

I'm not sure what you mean by CC having a monopoly in the computer business. They have competitors, locally and online. Otherwise, they'd be raising their prices higher if they actually held a monopoly.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 03:42 PM by boot.)
01-12-2017 01:12 PM
Distwrought Offline
CC Moderators

Given 72 thanks in 57 posts

As a current employee of CC, I apologise for the misunderstanding and confusion about our holiday party.

That said, insulting the lovely people on the forums is not a good way to go about expressing your frustrations with some of our practices.

These are my own personal opinions and do not reflect those of the company or my fellow employees
01-12-2017 02:37 PM
 Thanks given by: Mahloot
B-Ran Offline

Given 32 thanks in 26 posts

(01-12-2017 10:53 AM)doood Wrote:  I went back and had to search hard for the tiny little headline saying they would be closed. Not noticeable at all.

It says that they are closing early here as well.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/location.php

I'm not on Facebook, did they post anything there?

B-Ran's Build
Intel i5-2500
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB / Corsair XMS3 8GB
Antec EA-750 EarthWatts
PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 6850
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 1GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus DVD-Writer
01-12-2017 07:21 PM
David Offline
Posting Freak

Given 58 thanks in 48 posts

(01-12-2017 10:53 AM)doood Wrote:  Who the effing hell does a Christmas party in the middle of January on a Wednesday? Too cheap to do it on a weekend? Pretty depressing and lame.. why even bother? But when CC has a monopoly on the computer biz then I guess they can do whatever the hell they want..huh? So what? I'm supposed to check up on every store website before I go there in case that they might be closed in the middle of the week? I went back and had to search hard for the tiny little headline saying they would be closed. Not noticeable at all.

I don't know why you ass clowns are defending them. You probably work there and have no business sense. If you or any of the customers (and there was a lot of them) where there to see a freakin note on the door then you'd be pissed too!

I'am as well a former employee and this is a regular occurrence each year. I'm not sure why you think it was not visible on the website that they were going to be closed but I can assure you it was there and was hard to miss.

As to why they do it at this time of year i don't really think is any of your concern.

And as another poster said, there are other computer stores you could have gone too.

Yours Truly.
Ass Clown .ESQ II

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo V2
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
01-13-2017 02:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply