Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mediasonic HUR5-SU3
gbpierce Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Mediasonic HUR5-SU3
Just a warning to people to steer clear of the Mediasonic HUR5-SU3. My GF purchased it for me a few months ago. The drive worked fine for about 2-3 weeks then connections have become increasingly intermittent. Now it disconnects every five minutes and then isn't recognized until power is disconnected and then reconnected.

I'm disappointed to say the least. Oh, and the Mediasonic.ca forum is all post with people having similar problems. Too bad for m that the product was designed to fail just after Canada Computers warranty ended.
12-02-2016 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heyyahblah Offline
Posting Freak

Given 323 thanks in 250 posts

RE: Mediasonic HUR5-SU3
If you disliked the product, leave a review of 1 star and the reason why on the CC website. If you see a review on a product on CC it means it was left by a customer, not by Canada Computers. It's the same as any other site.

All I can say is "buyer beware" this particular unit has shiit reviews on almost every site, especially Eggman. If the people of Eggman are complaining with the same problem you have, it should be a hint to steer clear of the product.

I usually review the crap out of something and ask other members on boards before making a purchase. It helps me with my decision in the long run.

[Image: 2ed154g.png]
12-03-2016 05:46 PM
jenniferhudson Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

RE: Mediasonic HUR5-SU3
I have used several manufacturers' 2 BAY USB enclosures before, and generally had minimal issues. So I finally was ready to pull the trigger on two IronWolf 8TB disks and the Mediasonic HUR5-SU3 enclosure having used Mediasonic previously. Got to checkout, and the IronWolf's were back ordered, but I could get two Seagate Skyhawk 8TBs and they were even a bit cheaper. A quick look around the net suggested they "should" work, and so today I got all three items.
05-28-2017 11:12 PM