Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game code invalid
wiggs Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Game code invalid
hey there.. i just sent a copy of my receipt to gain a free code for gears of war. i received an e-mail from Canada Computers with a code i went to the link that was provided and submitted it....says the code is invalid... what is with that?.. i have tried three times typing it in manually and even tried copy and paste..but stills says code is invalid.

any ideas

ok i got it to work..had to close the page and refresh...question is...where do i download this from...i got the key from nvidia..but it doesn't tell you were to get it from... sorry..but first time trying to do this.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 04:50 PM by wiggs.)
11-01-2016 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bartacus Offline

Given 8 thanks in 5 posts

RE: Game code invalid
Is it a Steam key? If so, you'll have to download and install Steam, and activate the key through that.
11-02-2016 09:12 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 119 thanks in 103 posts

You can download Gears of War 4 on your Xbox One through the Store and selecting "Redeem code", or on Windows 10 through the Store and selecting "Redeem code".

Please note that for the Windows version, you need to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (aka version 1607, build 14393). The Anniversary Edition is a free update that was provided through Windows Update back in August, so if you have been doing your Windows Updates you should already have it.

This game is part of Xbox Play Anywhere, which means you have this game for both Xbox One and Windows 10 and it is cross-play compatible between both platforms.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 11:07 AM by Mahloot.)
11-02-2016 11:00 AM
wiggs Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

(11-02-2016 11:00 AM)Mahloot Wrote:  You can download Gears of War 4 on your Xbox One through the Store and selecting "Redeem code", or on Windows 10 through the Store and selecting "Redeem code".

Please note that for the Windows version, you need to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (aka version 1607, build 14393). The Anniversary Edition is a free update that was provided through Windows Update back in August, so if you have been doing your Windows Updates you should already have it.

This game is part of Xbox Play Anywhere, which means you have this game for both Xbox One and Windows 10 and it is cross-play compatible between both platforms.

ok...thank-you..found it in the windows store..never been in there before...but yes...got it and downloaded it...much appreciated! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 09:10 PM by wiggs.)
11-02-2016 09:09 PM
 Thanks given by: Mahloot