Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is THIS what your customers deserve?
ifixedit Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Is THIS what your customers deserve?
Before I begin, tell me a store that gives you better pricing and in-store customer service and advice when purchasing computer parts at almost all of their retail locations than Canada Computers? None, I thought so.

Now look at the same company's customer service, lack of phone # or online chat available on their website. How much will it cut into your profits by offering REAL customer support?

My Experience:
I ordered RAM and accept that it was entirely my fault for ordering Desktop RAM instead of Laptop RAM, as I was excited and had just purchased a brand new laptop and wanted the RAM to be available before it arrives.

SUN OCT 9 - After purchasing the wrong product, I received a Customer # and Account #.
SUN OCT 9 - I used these details to add Canada Computers to my Online Banking and paid them the exact amount of about $215.
SUN OCT 9 - Realizing I made the mistake, created a service request / ticket on their website explaining the situation and asking if it can be switched for the same brand and size of Laptop RAM which is selling for the exact same price.
TUE OCT 11 - First reply I receive from CC:
Unfortunately, you would have to place a new order. Your order 982946 has been cancelled. - Customer Service
TUE OCT 11 - My response to CC's first reply:
Thank you. Will I receive a refund? I have already made an online payment for the order amount. - Me
TUE OCT 11 - CC's second response (this time I got a Best Regards with the same dead end answer):
There was no payment processed for your order because you cancelled it before it was processed.
Best Regards,
Customer Service
TUE OCT 11 - I get rude in a polite way (if that's even possible Blush) with my response:
Hi Customer Service,
I don't know how many times we have to go back and forth for me to get a detailed answer.
My online banking has debited my account $213.57 and I have not been refunded:

[ Here is a screenshot of my Online Banking showing that a bill has been paid with a green check mark meaning that it has posted/processed ]
When will I be refunded the money that I paid? What is my confirmation #? All I have is an order # and customer #.
I understand that my order has been cancelled, but what is the process from here?
I would prefer a call instead so that I can speak with someone live if possible at 416-123-4567.

TUE OCT 11 - My bank statement shows that $213.57 has been debited from my account.
THUR OCT 13 - Absolutely no response, reply or call. Sent another email and waiting for a response.
THUR OCT 13 - Finally got a response:
I apologize for the confusion. Online banking bill payments takes 1-2 business days to complete. We have received the payment yesterday and we will submit a refund request to the bank to have it reversed back to your bank account. The refund usually take 2-6 weeks to complete. Thank you in advance for your patience.

I signed up just to post this and am wondering if you think I'm just another dumb, disgruntled customer who made a bad decision and has to deal with the consequences OR if you've setup this part of the forum for the sole purpose of your customers to use this section to vent and release some of their anger and frustrations.

Sounds like I need to create a Wordpress blog, pay for some good SEO and get all of the frustrated users that have ever had to contact Customer Service to post their experiences so the execs at CC decide to do something about it. To counter argue, if I had just paused to read the title of the product once more before committing to buy it, this all would have never happened but demanding a good online purchasing experience from one of the biggest retailers of this kind should not be a sin.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 05:47 PM by ifixedit.)
10-13-2016 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phil Offline

RE: Is THIS what your customers deserve?
One golden rule: NEVER buy stuff from CC online !!!
I purchased most of my computer needs from CC and no issue whatever - BUT, I never buy anything online from CC.
03-29-2017 10:32 PM
ifixedit Offline

You're absolutely right Phil. I have learned my lesson - just want to make sure that no one else experiences this first hand and learns the hard way.
03-29-2017 11:58 PM
Phil Offline

(03-29-2017 11:58 PM)ifixedit Wrote:  You're absolutely right Phil. I have learned my lesson - just want to make sure that no one else experiences this first hand and learns the hard way.

Just to share one of my experience at my regular CC store when purchased 2 identical new monitors (for dual screen) last summer. I always open the item package and check everything right at the cashier (with the sale person watching) before paying for it.

Therefore, no exception here, first monitor checked out fine - everything look and feel 'new'. Second monitor came out looking a bit 'odd' - power cord not tie properly, plastic trips protect the screen bezels look some what 'odd'.
At this point, I suspected this monitor is a return and restocked. The sales person did not agree with me. Hence, more investigation was needed. I lift up the piece of paper that protected the screen and look side way at the screen and hence, there are some 'cleaning' water marked on the screen. Further, there are some (little) dust collected at the bottom edge of the screen corner.s The sales person has no choice but allow me to get a new one (btw, I also checked the replacment one too).
03-30-2017 09:20 PM