Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
David Offline
Posting Freak

Given 58 thanks in 48 posts

RE: Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
(02-28-2011 12:23 PM)gomerpile Wrote:  I,m done with CCP website it is worse then the last, if the scroll is not fixed, Looking for a new part supplier with a suitable site. The forums is the way the site should be. BAD PROGRAMING Then again the forums is developed by a team of experts MYBB

I would hope that you wouldn't consider finding another supplier just due to a scrolling problem. Web dev's have been advised and I'm sure its on their list of things to do. Patients as they have to fix a bunch of stuff I'm sure.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo V2
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
02-28-2011 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peter M Dodge Offline
Posts Dominator

Given 138 thanks in 127 posts

Patience. Wink

[Image: currentbuild.png]
02-28-2011 12:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomerpile Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

(02-28-2011 12:28 PM)David Wrote:  
(02-28-2011 12:23 PM)gomerpile Wrote:  I,m done with CCP website it is worse then the last, if the scroll is not fixed, Looking for a new part supplier with a suitable site. The forums is the way the site should be. BAD PROGRAMING Then again the forums is developed by a team of experts MYBB

I would hope that you wouldn't consider finding another supplier just due to a scrolling problem. Web dev's have been advised and I'm sure its on their list of things to do. Patients as they have to fix a bunch of stuff I'm sure.
Ok waiting, since your so polite dealing with an obnoxious gomerpile
02-28-2011 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystryman Offline
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTRY

Given 267 thanks in 236 posts

(02-28-2011 12:42 PM)gomerpile Wrote:  
(02-28-2011 12:28 PM)David Wrote:  I would hope that you wouldn't consider finding another supplier just due to a scrolling problem. Web dev's have been advised and I'm sure its on their list of things to do. Patients as they have to fix a bunch of stuff I'm sure.
Ok waiting, since your so polite dealing with an obnoxious gomerpile

you're**

ALL HAIL DISTWROUGHT!
BASED DISTWROUGHT
PRAISE, DISTWROUGHT SUPREME LEADER

#DISTWROUGHTLYFE
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 12:44 PM by Mystryman.)
02-28-2011 12:43 PM
David Offline
Posting Freak

Given 58 thanks in 48 posts

Just remember guys.. Your input doesn't get ignored!! Trust me it doesn't! I'm in constant communication with the Admin (who is part of our online team) and all suggestions, problems and whatever else not are considered and problems are looked at. We all just have to be patient, its a completely new layout and there is bound to be some issues.

Again, (on behalf of Canada Computers) I thank you for your continued support and patient while we go through this transition.

The other Dave
Current Rig:

NZXT H440
MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo V2
Samsung Evo 128 SSD
Adata 240 SSD
WD 2TB Blue
02-28-2011 12:47 PM
madseven Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

I really don't like the new website layout. The older one was way better.
1) I find that you have to move the mouse so much more, to much time wasted to go to the top, select the product then move to the left to choose what you want and then go up again to change to a different product. The old layout was much more efficient (all products were listed on the left side, way easier to select the different products you wanted to see in one area quickly).
2) Items should be listed according to lowest price first automatically instead of having to click price once for lowest price or click twice for highest price to appear.
3)Website is way way too slow. Not sure if its a web page issue, server issue or isp issue....most of the time its very slow to me.

Sorry, one more thing....Is there any way to improve the size and quality of the thumbnails of your products pictures? It seems that when you click on the thumbnail of the product, it becomes blurry and only a little larger than the original photo of the product.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 02:30 PM by madseven.)
02-28-2011 02:15 PM
Rat-7 Offline

One thing that I find extremely anoying is the moving picture on the home page, it was anoying on the old web site, but now as many have stated it takes longer to get to a category, and that moving picture is making me dizzy and in most case I just go somewhere else to look for something instead of having a headacke

Martin

Gigabyte X79-UD5
Intel i7-3960x
RAM 64Gb
ATI HD6950 in crossfire
02-28-2011 04:00 PM
Peter M Dodge Offline
Posts Dominator

Site takes > 5min to load on my home computer, too. I said this somewheres else about my mobile, but its true at home to.

Ive had sites load faster on a 56k modem.

02-28-2011 04:04 PM
SharpieTM Offline

Just registered to say the same as last post.

You guys need to ditch the $10/month hosting plan and go for something more professional. The speed of your website is abysmal.

Makes one go to some place that, in french, is called "nouvel oeuf". Undecided
02-28-2011 11:57 PM
Peter M Dodge Offline
Posts Dominator

If you guys want to consider better hosting solutions, send me an email. I have plenty of connections in that field and could probably work out colocation or something for you.

I won't say any more than that, because it would feel like being some annoying advertising spammer, but I feel I would be remiss at this point if I said nothing.

03-01-2011 12:19 AM