Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
Lopan Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

RE: Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
Hello, I too am having the same problems as Yves and Fivepack. I have been trying to get into video cards. Hopepage shows up find and any level of delving deeper ends up in a blank page with no products shown.
12-02-2015 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Yves
MoEhinDer Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Favourites / Save for later
If possible,
Website iDea.
- it would be most helpful for online shoppers to favourite certain items.
- Save them for purchase later.
- receive notification when the prices go down/change.

ThanksBig GrinBig Grin
01-05-2016 05:58 PM
umproko5 Offline

wake up and smell that coffee ...
01-05-2016 07:35 PM
bumpinthenight Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Seems the most obvious improvement would be only let the online store sell as much of something as you have in stock.

2600K@4.6Ghz, 2xGTX980s, P8P67 WS Revolution MB, 16GB of DD3 Corsair Vengeance, 2xVertex4 256GB raid0 + 2x2TB HDDs/raid1, AX1200 PSU, NZXT Phantom Case. 3xAsus 24" Asus VW248.
01-09-2016 10:42 AM
Builder of Systems Offline

Let me say first that as a brick & mortar store CC is good; pretty much the only game in town when it comes to computer components. As we all know there are many products on the market and no single store can carry everything. Online shopping allows us to order exactly what we want. As an online store CC leaves a lot to be desired. The web site itself is fine. The problem is with product fulfillment. You guys are too slow!

I order from en see aye ex, Amazon, ebay, the product gets picked and shipped out within 2 business days, very often on the same day. I order from CC and the order sits there for a week before the status changes to "reviewed". Then it sits there some more. This despite the online store having stock at the time the order was placed, in fact having stock as I type this, and here we are 6 business days later and the order has not shipped. It should not take this long to pull a product, pack it and ship it. If CC wants to make it at the online game you've got to get your level of service up to the same standards as your competition.
02-10-2016 03:13 PM
brc Offline

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to report CC web site issues (the main sales part, not the forums), but here goes:

Sorting by price seems to be providing an extra primary sorting key, namely "Available In Stores/In Store Back Order", before the requested price sorting. I can understand having a set of filter check boxes that are applied independent of the sort, but sorting by some hidden combination of options before the primary key seems counter intuitive and difficult to get to the information desired. How about increasing the list of check boxes above the product list to show something like:

[_] Show Products With Promotion Only
[x] In Stores
[x] Online
[x] Special Order
[x] Back Order
[_] Out of Stock
[_] Discontinued

There seems to be a general issue with product tagging. A significant number of products have incorrect search tags. By this I mean items with a certain feature clearly noted in the overview or specifications don't show correctly in the product list when searching using that category in the search lists. This seems to very widespread in most categories of products. I'm not sure I've found a single category that is free from this issue. Examples of products:

Networking -> Routers (200) ... filter: Brand -> TP-LINK (24/24)

*** produces a list of 24 TP-LINK router products

Networking -> Routers (200) ... filters: Brand -> TP-LINK (24/24) + Type -> Wireless (16/101)

*** produces a list of 16 TP-LINK router products, one of which is not a wireless router, and missing 8 wireless routers:

NTTP000415 TP-LINK TL-R600VPN, SafeStream Gigabit Broadband VPN Router

NTTP001063 TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C8 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
NTTP001081 TP-LINK AC1900 Archer C9 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
NTTP001287 TP-LINK N300 TL-WR802N Wireless N Router -Nano
NTTP001367 TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C5 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router
NTTP001376 TP-LINK AC750 Archer C20 Dual Band Wireless Router
NTTP001385 TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C50 Wireless Dual Band Router
NTTP001394 TP-LINK AC3200 Archer C3200 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Router
NTTP001438 TP-LINK Archer C2600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Networking -> Routers (200) ... filters: Brand -> TP-LINK (24/24) + Wireless Technology -> Wireless N (12/44)

*** produces a list of 12 TP-LINK router products, including the non-wireless product above, and missing one wireless router:

NTTP001287 TP-LINK N300 TL-WR802N Wireless N Router -Nano

Networking -> Routers (200) ... filters: Brand -> TP-LINK (24/24) + Wireless Technology -> Wireless AC (7/43)

*** produces a list of 7 TP-LINK router products, missing 4 wireless routers:

NTTP001367 TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C5 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router
NTTP001376 TP-LINK AC750 Archer C20 Dual Band Wireless Router
NTTP001385 TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C50 Wireless Dual Band Router
NTTP001713 TP-LINK AC1900 Archer C1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router

I'd love to be able to help but this problem is so widespread that I don't even think it could be fixed with user feedback alone. There are likely hundreds to thousands of items mis-tagged.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2016 09:31 PM by brc.)
04-19-2016 08:59 PM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 120 thanks in 104 posts

Thanks for the feedback. The issue is not with the website however. I have checked through our internal system database and found that some items are missing relevant data in the "specifications" section, which the website then in turn uses for filtering.

I will forward this to our head office Smile

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
04-21-2016 02:55 PM
brc Offline

Hi, Mahloot,

Thanks for the response. I'm sure the data tagging is in the data set, but the price sorting has to be part of the web site presentation as it is sorting first by some hidden field before the price value. To see what I mean, pick any short-ish list that will have some data that is not currently available in store, but is available online. For example, "Network -> Modems (36) -> Modem Routers (16)" ... sorted by "Lowest Price". I would expect the lowest price should be at the top of the list, and the highest price at the end of the list. What ends up happening is 12/16 items show up sorted that way (all available in-store in some way, even if some may be back ordered, special order, etc.) followed by a second price sorted list of the other 4/16 items (they seem to be not available in store).

My thinking when I use the web site is: first, is the product available for purchase in some way (in store, online, back ordered but not discontinued), after which I may start to consider only items available in a given store or with a short-ish delivery time (days vs weeks or months). Given that the break point for when that list of online only items starts may be many pages into the search, and that so many items are mistagged such that applying more filters won't at all assure me I'll ever get to the point where I can see that online item I may want to buy, why not give us the options to get to that data better. That's why I was suggesting those extra filtering options in my previous post. That in-store/online flag must exist in some format as the sort is already using that before the price data.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 04:14 PM by brc.)
04-21-2016 04:12 PM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 120 thanks in 104 posts

I'm sorry I missed that part of your message.

Yes, the website sorts first by items that are available or can be ordered in-store (and online), followed by items that are online only (which means stores cannot order for you, only you can order directly from the website). This part would be for the website team however to offer additional sorting option as the flag is already on the items that it's online only. I will forward this suggestion to web design team.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 05:02 PM by Mahloot.)
04-21-2016 05:00 PM
Hooded Offline

Given 37 thanks in 29 posts

Simply put the filter system is completely broke.
At best you can filter by manufacturer then sort by price

Using any of the check box filter will simply NOT work as Expected. m-ATX, mATX, mirco-ATX all work of which are used by the sites input staff. The Non standard input causes he filtering system to fail miserably. It's not robust enough. This is just 1 of many issues the system has. I'm sure it has cost CC thousands in lost revenue, from me alone.

[Image: feb-20113-CMC-Badge.png]
06-02-2016 06:15 PM