Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
Twotenths Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

RE: Canada Computers Website Suggestion Box
(05-17-2014 07:02 PM)intellexcomputers.com Wrote:  Sometimes its frustrating when every item you search for comes up with ZERO stock level in every city.

Could the ZERO stock level items be displayed in a different color, maybe a grey font color? That way I would know that you carry that item, but its currently out of stock

Thanks

IntellexComputers.com
413 Whitney Ave, Unit D

I agree. So many times I click on a link where there is no stock. Startech is a prime example of that. You list tons of their products by you have never carried any of their products in stock. If you never carry the product why do you even list it? There are many examples to choose from but this one is the most prevalent. Take those listings down so that we get a real picture of what you normally carry. When stock runs out grey out the boxes until new stock has arrived. Just give the box a grey background. So in code create a new PHP value "if_stock";{if_stock == 0 background="grey";} I know that's not the proper statement but your webmaster would know how to correctly insert it. You can set a PHP value or a CSS parameter. You could modify it to include if_stock==0 and set a period of time tell it to add "don't carry this product any longer" or if the value is less the have it state "Out of Stock" in red text. It's just simple coding that would make our searching so much easier.

Asus Rampage IV Ext
Intel 3930K @4.8Ghz
Corsair H100 w/ 2x Ultra Kaze 120mm x 38mm 3000rpm
2x GTX 680 S/C SLI
32GB G.S Trident-X 2400 4x8GB
OCZ 512GB V4 SSD / 3x WD 1TB Cav/Blk
Corsair 1050 PSU
CM Haf XM Case w/ 2 Ft 1 R Ultra Kaze 2 140mm Side
[Image: 3375639427.png]
05-18-2014 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark Offline
Posts Leader

Given 177 thanks in 144 posts

(05-17-2014 07:02 PM)intellexcomputers.com Wrote:  Sometimes its frustrating when every item you search for comes up with ZERO stock level in every city.

Could the ZERO stock level items be displayed in a different color, maybe a grey font color? That way I would know that you carry that item, but its currently out of stock

Thanks

IntellexComputers.com
413 Whitney Ave, Unit D

Should you order from hypertech or something? You know, an actually reseller? Or you know, CC's business program? Since we got things like Hypertech, we barely use CC. Because you know next day delivery is pretty OP.

edit: most people also use a real design, not a completely crap doteasy design. Also you should change your favicon to you know. Not theirs.

I even forget you can see sigs.

heh.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 01:08 AM by Mark.)
05-19-2014 01:00 AM
Oatmeal Offline

Given 6 thanks in 6 posts

I filter a search for a particular store and still get items that have zero stock at that store. It says in-stock on the main listing but shows zeroes at every store and online. Only difference it says back-ordered.

Can this be fixed? It's been like that for a long time.

Intel Core i5-2500K
Asus P8P67 Pro B3
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 DDR3
Corsair HX 750W
iCAN A2012B Case
Zalman CNPS-10X Performa CPU cooler
Zotac GTX770 Amped!
60GB Intel 520 SSD
60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
2 x 1TB Seagate 7200.12 (still alive)
24" Acer H243H LCD
Win 7 Home Premium
02-05-2015 11:12 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 120 thanks in 104 posts

(02-05-2015 11:12 AM)Oatmeal Wrote:  I filter a search for a particular store and still get items that have zero stock at that store. It says in-stock on the main listing but shows zeroes at every store and online. Only difference it says back-ordered.

Can this be fixed? It's been like that for a long time.

If the item is a Special Order item, it will always display in the list regardless of stock level. It is intentional and you can order the item to be shipped to the store for local pick-up. Special Order items are only obtained when ordered, we will otherwise never have regular stock on them.

With that being said, this should be the following suggestion: Can we please have a filter option to filter out special-order items from search results?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 05:28 PM by Mahloot.)
02-05-2015 05:19 PM
lekimly Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

PLEASE HONEST!

I ordered 2 label makers (#PRBR001946) on October 14th from Canada Computers and chose the ship to store option. I received a phone call from my local Canada Computers that head office had notified them there was no more stock and that there would be no further stock ordered. I've been checking the Canada Computers website daily. The online stock for the item states 9. The stock for my local store (Merivale, Ottawa) states that they have one. Why did my local store claim to have no stock and that no further stock would be ordered? Now they claim to have 1 with online stock but with an increased price? How can you bait and switch your customers like this? Huh
Order Number: 824102
Customers Number: #02177921
10-25-2015 12:02 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Hi lekimly,

I have contacted Merivale location regarding this issue for follow up. After speaking with the Merivale supervisor Ryan, what should be done for you is that while the order for 2 units can't be filled, at least the 1 unit that is in stock should be sold to you at the correct ordered price of $9.99.

They should be contacting you shortly for confirmation. If you don't hear from them soon, I suggest contacting the Merivale location and requesting to speak with the supervisor as he is now aware of the situation.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
10-25-2015 11:47 AM
Yves Offline

You should fix your website. Nothing displays (blank pages for products lists) in at least the video and appliances departments. The computer and accessories departments display products correctly.
12-02-2015 11:54 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

(12-02-2015 11:54 AM)Yves Wrote:  You should fix your website. Nothing displays (blank pages for products lists) in at least the video and appliances departments. The computer and accessories departments display products correctly.

I have not been able to replicate this issue. The website appears to be functioning correctly. Please clear your browser's cache and try again.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
12-02-2015 12:24 PM
Yves Offline

(12-02-2015 12:24 PM)Mahloot Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 11:54 AM)Yves Wrote:  You should fix your website. Nothing displays (blank pages for products lists) in at least the video and appliances departments. The computer and accessories departments display products correctly.

I have not been able to replicate this issue. The website appears to be functioning correctly. Please clear your browser's cache and try again.

My mistake. The problem appears to be across all categories. Products only display if I am at the top level. If I go and select a sub-category, then no products are displayed even though the subcategory states there are items available.

I tried different browsers but same result. For example, at link below for turntables & accessories:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php...=1135_1141

It shows 7 products available but none show on the screen.

If I stay at the top of the category (e.g. Stereo and Video Components), then products are shown as at link below:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=1135

If you are still unable to reproduce the problem and are on an intranet connection, then perhaps something is going on that affects internet access.

Edit:
================================================================================​============

The problem appears to be resolved as of 1:03 p.m. Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 02:03 PM by Yves.)
12-02-2015 12:42 PM
Fivepack Offline

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Hi, I'm having same problem with the website as Yves, I goto Bluetooth products and it shows a few but if I try to go deeper into the different categories the page comes with no items even though it say (25) ! Would really appreciate if someone could look into this, Iwent to the store and the web page seems to work there but for people outside of the store its just not working. I've tried this on multiple computer using different browsers with no luck Help Please!
12-02-2015 12:56 PM
 Thanks given by: Yves