Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Gaming Pc or PreBuilt?
hernameisela Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Custom Gaming Pc or PreBuilt?
I am looking to buy pc for gaming, budget is $1000.

Must have the following:

intel i5 quad core 3.2ghz
NVIDIA gefore gtx 750 ti or geforce gtx 950
ram 8gb
500gb to 1tb of hard drive

Should i buy pre built desktops or customize my own? which is cheaper?

Also, does canada computer accept installment payments? i would rather buy the prebuilt if they offer installment payment.

thank you
02-23-2016 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heyyahblah Offline
Posting Freak

Given 327 thanks in 252 posts

RE: Custom Gaming Pc or PreBuilt?
Custom systems are always better then pre-built ones because you can choose the hardware you want and have CC assemble it for you and it comes with a 1 yr warranty. So the quality of the parts is always higher then buying a firm computer, like Lenovo or HP or ASUS or ACER built machines.

Unless you were talking about a pre-built CC computer system. If you buy a pre-built system from CC, then they use genuinely good parts as well and good power supply and such, so if you look at a CC pre-built system I would say the quality is good. They have a bunch up on their website and even have 1 exactly with the specs you have in mind and in your price budget.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/system_config/

$1050, but it doesn't come with an operating system unfortunately, you have to add that to your costs as well Sad

I'm sorry to say but for the hardware specs you want like the i5 and gtx 750ti or 950 card your budget of $1000 will not cover it. Because the cost of the dollar being so bad vs the American, hardware is expensive right now. For the specs you posted above you cannot budget at $1000 and expect to get all that hardware and an operating system, and don't forget the taxes on top of everything, unfortunately.

I think save a little more because you need to ramp it up to $1300. Even that custom pre-built for $1050 from CC you need to add in the taxes and operating system which will yea, be about ~$1300

[Image: 2ed154g.png]
02-24-2016 11:56 PM
 Thanks given by: Mahloot
tbarrie Offline

Hernamiesela, I'd take a look at customizing the Cavalier IGC-I:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/sysconfigure.php?sys=5

I did some playing around with it, and I think you can in fact get what you want for under $1000. No solid state drive though. Also, no operating system - if you want to run Windows it's going to push you over $100.
03-03-2016 12:31 PM
twin fish 87 Offline

I also looked at a similar build and found exactly what I am looking for. thanks to this post TY
07-15-2016 05:00 PM