Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linux, Fedora, Netgear and more.
Bruce in Greater Montreal Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Linux, Fedora, Netgear and more.
As a first and somewhat introductory post, let me give everyone a mini-bio. I am a retired trilingual electronic technician with about 50 years of exposure to technology. I do not hold a university degree. about 95% of what I know had been self-learned.Exclamation

I have formal qualifications in Electronics, Electricity, Some I.T. and have done a number of other "tickets" (AKA government exams, etc.) along the way.

I have been a serious technology hobbyist since the age of 14, and am now almost 70.

I custom build, often from recycled materials in combination with purchased stuff, and have often designed and built my own tools.

Added to that, I also love public speaking on a diversity of topics.

Now, on to the next post, so as to separate this intro from the rest for general expediencies' sake. Smile
The title of this post is the main point here. But what to do? consider posting here a simple list of references where a post in another area might prove germane to the subject of a post in this thread.

(Naturally this strategy could apply to many and diverse posts in many and diverse threads.)

Idea
If I see a potential benefit of "posting" graphics, or larger items, I can generate a torrent file and find a way to send the torrent file (possibly run an email list and attach.)

(09-27-2014 03:36 AM)Bruce in Greater Montreal Wrote:  As a first and somewhat introductory post, let me give everyone a mini-bio. I am a retired trilingual electronic technician with about 50 years of exposure to technology. I do not hold a university degree. about 95% of what I know had been self-learned.Exclamation

I have formal qualifications in Electronics, Electricity, Some I.T. and have done a number of other "tickets" (AKA government exams, etc.) along the way.

I have been a serious technology hobbyist since the age of 14, and am now almost 70.

I custom build, often from recycled materials in combination with purchased stuff, and have often designed and built my own tools.

Added to that, I also love public speaking on a diversity of topics.

Now, on to the next post, so as to separate this intro from the rest for general expediencies' sake. Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 03:43 AM by Bruce in Greater Montreal.)
09-27-2014 03:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply