Poll: Do you think the return policy is too strict?
Too strict - I've been burned before and/or avoid Canada Computers for this reason
Its just fine how it is
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Return Policy
collinsauve Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Return Policy
Fix your return policy. Even when you have better prices I hesitate to shop at your store because of your draconian policy. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the same.

P.S. I added a poll just for fun - How many people think the Canada Computers Return Policy is too strict?
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 06:27 PM by collinsauve.)
04-10-2012 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystryman Offline
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTRY

Given 267 thanks in 236 posts

RE: Return Policy
There is already a thread discussing the return policy. [Here]

The main highlight from that thread is on page 3, by The Fenian . The post can be found here.

Quote:NCeeIX
What if I'm dissatisfied with an item I've bought?

NCeeIX.com offers a 15-day Satisfaction Guarantee on many items that we sell. Due to supplier and manufacturer restrictions, some opened items will be non-refundable, and any return is subject to prior approval from NCeeIX.com. Items that are unopened and still in its original shrink wrap and sealed, can be returned without restriction, within 15 days of purchase, unless marked as unreturnable. All items returned to us must be shipped pre-paid.

Items eligible for return are subject to a 15% restocking fee, and if approved by ****.com would be eligible for exchange, merchandise credit or refund. Due to the volatile nature of computer prices, items will only be refunded at the current pricing at the time of return. Software must be in its original box and unopened (still sealed in its original shrink wrap). Defective software will be exchanged with the same title (subject to availability).

Tiger Direct
Unless otherwise specified in the item listing on our website, on the receipt or packing slip, or in the following terms, TigerDirect.ca will accept qualified and conforming products for exchange or refund within 30 days of the original purchase date. Desktop and laptop computers, tablets, TV's, projectors, digital cameras and camcorders and GPS devices may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of original purchase

General Policy
These are ******.ca’s (“******”, “we” or “our”) Standard Return Policies applicable only to products purchased by you directly from the ******.ca website.

All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
Any return for a refund may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Products that are not eligible for return and will be sent back to you at your cost and expense if received by us:
Any product not purchased from ******.ca
Any product without a valid, readable serial number, including but not limited to products with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number
Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product
Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging
Any product that exhibits physical damage
Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate

TL;DR
NCeeIX pretty much the same as us, but with a higher restocking fee.

Tiger Direct pretty much the same as us on most of their products, but with a higher restocking fee

****** sorta like us, but you gotta RMA the product or pay a higher restocking fee. if not you gotta pay for return shipping.

I just had to set the record straight 'cause some people like to spread misinformation like the Republicans in the states. seriously don't listen to him it's akin to reading the Enquirer or watching Fox News.

ALL HAIL DISTWROUGHT!
BASED DISTWROUGHT
PRAISE, DISTWROUGHT SUPREME LEADER

#DISTWROUGHTLYFE
04-10-2012 06:48 PM
Eddyall1 Offline
Posts Leader

Given 96 thanks in 94 posts

The policy is not the problem but how it is apply in most of the cases of this forums.

Intel i5-2500k @4.0GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Asus GTX570 @850/1700/4000MHz 1001mV
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @1600MHz
Corsair 500R
Corsair AX850
EVGA CPU Cooler
04-10-2012 07:07 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

Given 23 thanks in 20 posts

[Personal attacks are removed by Admin]
04-11-2012 11:06 PM
Admin Offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Given 41 thanks in 30 posts

Personal attacks are not allowed on the forums. You will be banned again if you continue to do in this way.

Canada Computers
Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre
04-12-2012 02:25 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

What personal attack was that? Mad?
04-13-2012 08:06 AM
Odin Offline
Banned

And FYI to add to the thread I returned a mouse because they sold me the wrong one (I asked for a 39$ mouse and the guy gave me a 69$ mouse saying it was 39$) I didnt notice until i checked the bill(as i was buying other things). They charged me 15% restocking even though I walked out and walked right back in.

Thieves as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather buy that kind of stuff at best buy where I can return things without adding to their profit margin.

I will not be returning to CC ever, unless however I get that 15% back or a letter of apology for the harassment I've received from various employees. So sometime around where hell freezes over.

Best buy, ******, and NCI to the X get all my business now, because I have never had problems with them.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 08:37 AM by Odin.)
04-13-2012 08:34 AM
Defiant Offline
Posting Leader

Given 601 thanks in 463 posts

(04-13-2012 08:34 AM)Odin Wrote:  a letter of apology for the harassment I've received from various employees.

Can you be more specific on this?

Rigs:
Defiant (Gamer)
Intrepid (HTPC)
Galaxy (Server)
04-13-2012 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Odin Offline
Banned

Last time I posted names of employees along with proof of it I was banned and they removed it all. They know who it was, they just dont care.
04-13-2012 08:57 AM
Eddyall1 Offline
Posts Leader

Given 96 thanks in 94 posts

Think you where banned before that.
During the Boxing days at CC you couldn't do pick up on the web store so I when to the Laval store and the manager or someone like that told me "Il y a un dépôts de 10% pour faire un pick up sur des objets de plus de 300$" (10% deposit on +300$ item, LIE for anyone not knowing).
Fortunately for me the 385$ item was still in stock even if the website said no.
But wait there's more, he didn't apply the pricematch too, it was on ****** for 355$ and I think it was the same on N|C|I|X or a few of dollar more.
And I didn't get the points for my video card either, but since there useless I don't care that much.

Intel i5-2500k @4.0GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Asus GTX570 @850/1700/4000MHz 1001mV
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @1600MHz
Corsair 500R
Corsair AX850
EVGA CPU Cooler
04-13-2012 10:22 AM