Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RMA Turn Around Time?
B-Ran Offline

Given 32 thanks in 26 posts

RE: RMA Turn Around Time?
Well another week has gone by. Rolleyes

Went in today and dealt with the manager this time. Not because I wanted to but because there where only three workers in the store.

Explained my situation again and summarized what happened last week. He looked up my RMA in the system and made a phone call to another store to ask them to ship a set for me. After he hung up, he told me that according to the notes in the RMA, an email was sent to the store advising them to give me a new package but no one saw these notes. This would explain why nothing ever appeared in the beige return bin for me because nothing was ever coming back.

B-Ran's Build
Intel i5-2500
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB / Corsair XMS3 8GB
Antec EA-750 EarthWatts
PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 6850
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 1GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus DVD-Writer
01-19-2012 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peter M Dodge Offline
Posts Dominator

Given 138 thanks in 127 posts

And no one took the initiative to contact you? Poor service, there.

[Image: currentbuild.png]
01-19-2012 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnAtCC Offline
Forum Helper
Forum Helpers

Given 1 thanks in 1 posts

Glad to hear this got fixed up (well, in the process of) for you in the end. Smile

John
Seller of Sellables
Hamilton Mountain
Follow me on: Twitter + Facebook
01-19-2012 11:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B-Ran Offline

Given 32 thanks in 26 posts

I'm happy to report that I finally got my memory back. It looks to be a brand new set. I may try it this weekend and see if I can mix them with my current memory.

B-Ran's Build
Intel i5-2500
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB / Corsair XMS3 8GB
Antec EA-750 EarthWatts
PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 6850
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 1GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus DVD-Writer
01-23-2012 11:23 PM
rumteldat Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I've been waiting ten weeks for my RAM. I can't believe that five years later this is still an issue they haven't fixed.
04-14-2017 10:41 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 118 thanks in 102 posts

RMA direct with the manufacturer is often faster. Going through the retailer adds extra hoops, shipping and points of contact which slow down the process.

I just dealt with Corsair RMA directly for a memory stick I own from them about a month ago. I did this as a personal RMA, nothing to do with Canada Computers. Turn around time dealing with Corsair directly: 1 and a half weeks.

Most recently, I also dealt with a HDD replacement with Seagate. Again, this is a personal RMA, so I am going through the same Seagate RMA website as any regular customer, nothing to do with Canada Computers or being a Canada Computers employee. Seagate's turn-around time: 2 weeks.

We often recommend when possible to deal with the manufacturer directly for faster turn-around time. However, most manufacturers do not cover the shipping to ship the defective product to them, they only cover the shipping on the replacement. When going to Canada Computers for courtesy RMA to the manufacturer, you don't have to pay shipping, but then it has to go through different channels and slows the process down.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
04-18-2017 12:30 PM
rumteldat Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Except I was told to pay for shipping when I took it to the service department, which I did. And 4 or 5 weeks wait by going through Canada computers vs a couple weeks going through the manufacturer would have been fine, but I'm on week 12. That's pretty significant.

(04-18-2017 12:30 PM)Mahloot Wrote:  RMA direct with the manufacturer is often faster. Going through the retailer adds extra hoops, shipping and points of contact which slow down the process.

I just dealt with Corsair RMA directly for a memory stick I own from them about a month ago. I did this as a personal RMA, nothing to do with Canada Computers. Turn around time dealing with Corsair directly: 1 and a half weeks.

Most recently, I also dealt with a HDD replacement with Seagate. Again, this is a personal RMA, so I am going through the same Seagate RMA website as any regular customer, nothing to do with Canada Computers or being a Canada Computers employee. Seagate's turn-around time: 2 weeks.

We often recommend when possible to deal with the manufacturer directly for faster turn-around time. However, most manufacturers do not cover the shipping to ship the defective product to them, they only cover the shipping on the replacement. When going to Canada Computers for courtesy RMA to the manufacturer, you don't have to pay shipping, but then it has to go through different channels and slows the process down.
04-19-2017 11:41 AM
Mahloot Offline
Forum Member
CC Staffs

Given 118 thanks in 102 posts

(04-19-2017 11:41 AM)rumteldat Wrote:  Except I was told to pay for shipping when I took it to the service department, which I did. And 4 or 5 weeks wait by going through Canada computers vs a couple weeks going through the manufacturer would have been fine, but I'm on week 12. That's pretty significant.

If the item was out of the store warranty period, a fee can be required for shipping the item out on your behalf through Canada Computers (this is likely your case).

I should clarify that it is free if it is still within the store warranty period. My apologies for not having explained that properly.

As for the time-frame, I've seen some RMAs take as long as 4-5 months. There's not much that can be done on our end most of the time. Going through us generally adds about 2 weeks to the RMA time in terms of shipping. The rest of the time, the item is at the manufacturer getting assessed/repaired/replaced. Some manufacturers are slower than others.

My thoughts, views, and opinions do not reflect that of Canada Computers and are solely my own.

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4790k
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Seagate Desktop (Games)
2TB WD Green (Storage)
04-19-2017 03:05 PM