Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Returns testimonials
Odin Offline
Banned

Given 23 thanks in 20 posts

Returns testimonials
Quote:As I mentioned before, only the customer who has issue will post a complaint on the forums and ask for help. That's one of the main ideas why we setup these forums so we can help the customers in a soonest way. Therefore your conclusion is incorrect.

Thread closed.

Thats an exerpt in response to my comment that too many people have to come to the forums to get their issues resolved.

So in the interest of fairness and showing new comers that its not all bad, How many people here return stuff all the time without any hassle?

Personally I have returned a mouse that was incorrectly priced and I hadnt noticed until it went through. They obviously waved the restocking fee so I was content with that. Sort of annoying that there was a good dozen of the mouse I wanted labelled at 49$ and it ended up being 69$ because the label was in the wrong spot. Even the description looked like the mouse it was infront of.

All in all I have had probably 2 bad experiences with returns and 1 good experience.

How about everyone else? Testimonials.

Note: If its something recent you've had an issue with make sure you make a seperate post for the admin to see and take care of for you. We'd like to see mostly the good stories here with maybe a total accumulation of how many good experiences vs bad ones at the bottom.
11-23-2011 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: sprogis
Lebungz Offline
Posts Leader

Given 413 thanks in 344 posts

RE: Returns testimonials
good thinking there Ottawa, like the thread idea.

Personally, I've never tried returning anything to CC.

Now I did return that Asus eee Pad to Walmart.
and disappointingly could have left a brick in the box...
they just said "here's your money back, sorry your wife didn't like it."
read: no inspection of an obviously opened box, semi re-sealed in the most obvious of ways.

Now, its an interesting coinicidence that I infact DO have a product that is from CC...
It has failed my expectations.
I will attempt a return... and report my findings.

C70 MODS
932-X MODS
TAKE MY MONEY RIMMERS!
11-23-2011 01:25 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

I've always found walmart to have one of the best return policies along with zellers and best buy. They do an excellent job.

Look forward to hearing your results. Hopefully with a returns testimonial page the admins and management can see what theyre doing right and whats going wrong and where.
11-23-2011 01:28 PM
Lebungz Offline
Posts Leader

Given 413 thanks in 344 posts

(11-23-2011 01:28 PM)OttawaXJ Wrote:  Hopefully with a returns testimonial page the admins and management can see what theyre doing right and whats going wrong and where.

it would be nice if we (the forum) were actually a statistically representative sample of the CC customer base.

C70 MODS
932-X MODS
TAKE MY MONEY RIMMERS!
11-23-2011 01:30 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

Yeah, instead of having so many people on here only because they've had issues as the admin pointed out.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the service I've gotten from CC. Met some real idiots in their stores but also met a lot of guys who clearly cared about their jobs and helping their clients.

I'd like to see a more even distribution of opinions on the forums so it doesnt look so much like everyone is just pissing on CC all the time.
11-23-2011 01:41 PM
Mark Offline
Posts Leader

Given 178 thanks in 144 posts

I've never had a successful return at CC. Although, I'm greatful people like logitech will take anything.

I even forget you can see sigs.

heh.
11-23-2011 01:48 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

Care to explain what exactly the problem was and at what location?

I sort of think of this thread as a good learning tool for CC so that they can locate which stores need more training and acknowledge the ones that are already doing a great job.

Speaking of which 1 bad experience of mine was at Rideau, one good and one bad were at merivale.
11-23-2011 01:57 PM
heyyahblah Offline
Posting Freak

Given 330 thanks in 255 posts

I've had 3 RETURNS with Canada Computers (Mississauga Location) from the time I have known them and have never had a problem. This was because I was always a store reg, and I knew most of the reps and the supervisor even knew me. This was at the old location on Eglington/Mavis next to No Frills, so I cannot vouch for the new store since its huge, the volume nr # of customers is different now, and way totally new reps and such bigger store, bigger things to deal with, but with support for the old store/location/staff I can vouch that my returns went hassle free. These are the items that I remember.

1. Was a 160GB Verbatim External HDD USB 2.0. Bought it, brought it home, tested it on 2 machines drive would spin-up and spin-down and thats it, got it to boot up once. Brought it back to CC Mississauga, tech guy took it after I explained it to him, plugged it into his machine, wasn't working either, asked me if I wanted to exchange (store credit) or full refund, I asked for the refund instead, got full refund no restocking service charge. Took less then 5 minutes and was satisfied.
[Image: 30709274-2-200-0.gif]

2. Bought a 2GB Kit of Muskin Silverline DDR2 800mhz RAM (dual-channel kit) brought it home and for whatever reason would not post in my system. Brought it back to CC and explained the situation and although Silverline was out of stock the supervisor exchanged the memory for me for Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, no questions asked no difference. I was really pleased with the situation. Brought home new ram and it worked like a charm.

http://www.******.com/Product/Product.as...6820146732

3. Bought this Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD to xfer movies from my moms old my 8mm camcorder to .avi / dvd to save them but for whatever reason wasn't working with the laptop or the computer. Brought back to CC, explained the situation .. full refund again with no questions asked, not even re-stock.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=031330

I almost feel guilty or bad that I had to do 3 returns to CC, but every time it has gone smooth for me and I got everything back and hassle free it was for me.

This again was at the old CC Mississauga location, I have yet to return anything to the new one if I ever have a problem I will post and let everyone know.

** Also with my returns, I returned everything with-in 5 days of purchase and had original receipt on me, and original packaging all kept in prime condition **

[Image: 2ed154g.png]
11-23-2011 05:00 PM
 Thanks given by: sprogis
Mark Offline
Posts Leader

Given 178 thanks in 144 posts

(11-23-2011 01:57 PM)OttawaXJ Wrote:  Care to explain what exactly the problem was and at what location?

I sort of think of this thread as a good learning tool for CC so that they can locate which stores need more training and acknowledge the ones that are already doing a great job.

Speaking of which 1 bad experience of mine was at Rideau, one good and one bad were at merivale.

I believe it was either Kennedy or Markham. They just refused to take it stating that if it was a defect, therefore I must RMA it. Logitech told me to return it because it didn't work the day I got it.

All companies tell you to return to the store before hand. I remember arguing with the store manager at the time.

It was funny. He kept on thinking since i was 17 at the time. I knew absolutely nothing.

I even forget you can see sigs.

heh.
11-23-2011 06:12 PM
Odin Offline
Banned

Well thats an unfortunate circumstance I've been in aswell. Not many people do what I do at my age so they assume I dont know anything because of my age. Just something we all have to accept.
11-23-2011 06:55 PM