Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let stores transfer stock to nearby stores
tonobungay Offline

Given 0 thanks in 0 posts

Let stores transfer stock to nearby stores
Suggestion 1: answer the phone in the store. If not, forward it to a central customer service number.

Suggestion 2: Let stores transfer stock to nearby stores.

Here is my story: it has taken 5 trips so far to purchase a simple laptop, it looks like it will take me at least 2 more. The store near my house was very helpful in finding a laptop that suited my needs. They showed it in their inventory but after much searching and return trips, it turned out that it was a weird inventory category that did not imply physical existence. The sales person very helpfully offered to phone other stores to find it. That took a while because they don't answer their phones. It seems they don't ship it to the store near me, I have to go there. I have to go there at the peak of rush hour because they will only hold it until the end of the day. An hour later I arrive and what they have is the display model, and they just started resetting it, which takes a couple of hours. Another trip, and I pay and they give it to me.

When I got home it turns out they had put the wrong model, a much lower spec one, in the box of the one I bought, presumably by mistake. I phoned, no answer, no machine, of course they're closed. Still no answer all morning and no reply to last night's email. This afternoon I will drive all the way out there again, and I fully expect that they will start to reset the correct one and tell me to come back later.

This number of trips, caused by poor policies and processes, will be what I remember from the purchase, squandering the positive impressions from the very helpful and knowledgeable sales person close by. My corporation usually orders everything from the same supplier, I thought that it might be handy to walk over to a store with helpful staff instead. I never told them I was considering opening a corporate account, I was just testing the waters in person with one laptop. I told them I would use the corporate card to see whether they would try to turn me over to corporate sales, but apparently not.
07-11-2017 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Let stores transfer stock to nearby stores - tonobungay - 07-11-2017 11:50 AM