Canada Computers Community
RMA Turn Around Time? - Printable Version

+- Canada Computers Community (http://forums.canadacomputers.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: RMA Turn Around Time? (/showthread.php?tid=1743)

Pages: 1 2

RMA Turn Around Time? - B-Ran - 01-08-2012 10:47 PM

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for an RMA to go through?

I left some Corsair memory with CC to RMA back in October and still haven't received them back yet. The guy I was dealing with said that it normally takes a month and that it was my responsibility to check on them. I have gone in twice now and both times, the service guy said that they would phone me as they don't like to keep someone elses stock. So two and bit months later, still nothing? Huh

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Defiant - 01-08-2012 10:50 PM

(01-08-2012 10:47 PM)B-Ran Wrote:  So two and bit months later, still nothing? Huh

It should never take 2 months, especially from Corsair. Someone else at CC/Corsair needs to see whats going on here.

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Mystryman - 01-09-2012 12:00 AM

+1 on Defiant. It should never be more than a month for Corsair RMA.

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Peter M Dodge - 01-09-2012 12:18 AM

(01-08-2012 10:47 PM)B-Ran Wrote:  Does anyone know how long it normally takes for an RMA to go through?

I left some Corsair memory with CC to RMA back in October and still haven't received them back yet. The guy I was dealing with said that it normally takes a month and that it was my responsibility to check on them. I have gone in twice now and both times, the service guy said that they would phone me as they don't like to keep someone elses stock. So two and bit months later, still nothing? Huh

Did you get a tracking #/ticket # for the RMA?

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - B-Ran - 01-09-2012 11:49 AM

Yes, I have all the info.

I just called them and still nothing. The person on the other end remembered me so I didn't have to go into too much details. So should I keep waiting or escalate this to someone? He mentioned that it was head office that takes care of the RMA's.

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Peter M Dodge - 01-09-2012 03:24 PM

Id call their head office then. Id suspect that it might have gotten mixed up in the post if its taking this long.

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - B-Ran - 01-09-2012 04:27 PM

Wow. Huh

Just called the RMA department and he said that the memory should be at the store and that is has been there for a month now. So I guess I'm visiting the store tonight. Confused

Edit - Emailed RMA department and will wait for a written confirmation before going back.

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Marie Lawson - 01-10-2012 03:54 AM

(01-09-2012 04:27 PM)B-Ran Wrote:  Wow. Huh

Just called the RMA department and he said that the memory should be at the store and that is has been there for a month now. So I guess I'm visiting the store tonight. Confused

Edit - Emailed RMA department and will wait for a written confirmation before going back.

O.o Woah Dude... what the hell? seriously a month... not good

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - B-Ran - 01-14-2012 01:38 PM

So I sent an email to the RMA department last Monday and no reply. Sad

Decided to go in last Wednesday to try my luck and dealt with another guy this time. He actually made an effort and input my RMA # into the system where as the two previous guys just looked in their beige bin and said no, nothing there. Dodgy

He did see that the memory was shipped back but could not locate it. So he checked his stock and there was one pair left in the store and he was going to give me this pair. He spent the next 20 minutes or so looking for them but could not find them. He ended up taking my contact info down and was going to call me back the next day for a status...I'm still waiting. Huh

RE: RMA Turn Around Time? - Peter M Dodge - 01-14-2012 04:04 PM

At least he tried a lot harder than it sounds the other have.