Canada Computers Community

Full Version: Very Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We bought our computer about a year ago. It came loaded with Windows 8 and we upgraded to Windows 10. For a gaming computer it is very slow. I was expecting it to run way faster than my crappy 10 year old HP laptop. Is there any fixes or troubleshooting that anyone can suggest? I fee like it's not working at full capacity.
Hello Mkaz.
The first thing I would suggest checking is to make sure via Task Manager that you don't have a multitude of background-running programs/apps that are draining system resources.
(05-23-2017 01:35 PM)Tyrann Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Mkaz.
The first thing I would suggest checking is to make sure via Task Manager that you don't have a multitude of background-running programs/apps that are draining system resources.

It's been slow since we got it. It was bought with Windows 8 and we upgraded it to Windows 10. It's so sluggish. If it is the background running programs which ones can I stop? Sorry for the dumb questions...not really computer literate.
Reference URL's